[erlang-questions] [ANN] Priority Queue Implementation

Fri Nov 11 16:42:10 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:12, Michael Truog <mjtruog@REDACTED> wrote:
> I previously added code that took care of that case, where two nodes needed
> to be merged that both have queues.  However, I convinced myself at the
> time, that the case would never happen.  So, the code probably needs to be
> thought-through a bit more with more testing, but my hope is that merging
> the queues isn't necessary.

I have tested (tasted, but my typo was funnier) the forbidden fruit
that is QuickCheck/PropEr. Your repository now has a pull-request in
which I add partial testing via proper_statem. It generates an
internal crash of the data structure code if we makes a bunch of
inserts and then call len(), see

https://github.com/okeuday/pqueue/issues/4

Only your pqueue2 implementation is affected. pqueue is not shown to
have any errors (yet). The crash is naturally in the "merge" part of the code :P

--
J.