[erlang-questions] Non-blocking BEAM code loading?

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sun Nov 6 04:34:29 CET 2011

If you have many processes then code loading can take a noticeable time. The code server must purge old versions of a module which it does by going through all processes checking each one if it running the old code and if so killing it. I don't know if this blocks all the schedulers and if so why, but it can take a noticeable time to do.

Robert