[erlang-questions] Calling my computer from my cell

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Thu Nov 3 20:10:05 CET 2011

First, consider hooking a DTMF and voice capable modem to your computer.
This would be the basic, you-can-do-it-yourself, solution. Calling the
phone line your computer is connected to would then be "calling your
server." If you still use the phone line also for voice communications,
then this would pose some practical challenges, though.

Second, if that's not good enough, then I would also recommend
twilio.com-- integrating with their services is pretty simple.

If that's still not good enough -- perhaps you want real-time interaction
of the sound stream all the way to your own server -- then you'd want to
establish your computer as a SIP endpoint and go through some SIP service
provider. But I really don't think you need to go through all that effort,
just to achieve the experiment you're talking about.

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,