[erlang-questions] Help my with Chat System

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 11:23:00 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Summer nguyen <summer0nguyen@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks All experts,
> There are many things I have to study about Erlang and programing :D.
> And I am studying now :D.
>
> I choose Comet because Not all Browser support webSocket ( especially old
> version browser).
> And number of users use old browser is so many.  am I wrong ?

Sorry - I read you mail too quickly - I missed the bit about the web
clients. I mistakenly thought
that there were only swing clients.

As for the old browsers - there are lot's of them but I would hate to
have to support programs
running on old browsers. If you want to support applications running
on old browsers
I think most problems will be in the incompatibility between browsers.

I think I'd use something really simple for old browsers - just
polling. And web-sockets/HTLM5 for modern
browsers.

/Jow