[erlang-questions] Help my with Chat System

CGS cgsmcmlxxv@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 09:21:42 CET 2011

You're welcome. Just be careful with Ejabberd that external services do
not work as intended (at least in the previous versions and I don't know
if they manage to do something about). For that I used exmpp which works
like a charm and it's very simple. In my project (something similar with
your's) I used YAWS (Erlang/OTP web server) which allowed me exmpp
instances without too much of a trouble (both being written in Erlang/OTP).

Another option (even simpler) is CouchDB which works great for blogging,
but it can simulate pretty easily a messenger. CouchDB is Erlang/OTP and
JavaScript. The main disadvantage is that it doesn't follow any
messaging standard.

Good luck!
CGS