[erlang-questions] dialyzer with -Wbehaviours option

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue May 31 22:30:56 CEST 2011

Radosław Bułat wrote:
> When I run dialyzer without any -W* option everything pass. But with
> -Wbehaviours option I get:
>
> $ dialyzer -Wbehaviours -r ebin/
>   Checking whether the PLT /Users/radarek/.dialyzer_plt is up-to-date... yes
>   Proceeding with analysis...
> Unknown behaviours (behaviour_info(callbacks) does not return any specs):
>   gen_server

Don't use this option for the time being.

It depends on an OTP extension, namely the ability to specify types of
callbacks, which has been sitting in 'pu' for more than 8 months now.
It has not made it to 'dev', let alone in the release, yet. Once the
behaviour modules of OTP will have the necessary information, this
option will be safe to use.

Kostis