[erlang-questions] Cowboy vs Misultin

Andy W. Song wsongcn@REDACTED
Tue May 31 08:18:05 CEST 2011

I installed R14B03.

I'm disappointed with my Erlang WebSocket client's performance.  So I wrote
a C version using libev, code attached.
Usage:
./new A B C
A/B/C have the same meaning of Erlang client.

Here is the result with my new client:

misultin_websocket_binary_example(file attached, no change to rest of
Misultin)
start 519M
3.5G
CPU,  with 550 Kbyte/s traffic about 23%.

misultin_websocket_example
start 519M
3.5G
CPU, with 550 Kbyte/s traffic about 25%.

Packet size is 512 bytes, client sends packets, server echo.

Cowboy can't pass my test this time. Connections start dropping from 20K,
don't know why.

Regards
Andy

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED>wrote:

> 2011/5/30 Andy W. Song <wsongcn@REDACTED>
>
>> Version 14.a-dfsg-3 is what comes with Debian stable. It's on my company
>> machine which now doesn't have internet access anymore.
>>
>> Debian splits Erlang to a bunch of small packages. I may download a single
>> Erlang/OTP package and install manually later on.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Andy
>>

> misultin has just been updated in the master branch [0.8-dev] to support
> binary mode.
>
> i would be very interested if you could redo your tests using the binary
> example for websockets:
>
> https://github.com/ostinelli/misultin/blob/master/examples/misultin_websocket_binary_example.erl
>
> let's see if loic hit the spot :)
>
> r.