[erlang-questions] Cowboy vs Misultin

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Mon May 30 09:58:55 CEST 2011

2011/5/30 Andy W. Song <wsongcn@REDACTED>g it by "for ((x=2; x<50; x++));
do ip addr add 30.0.1.$x/24 dev eth0; done"

> My machine info(Both machines are identical VMware VMs):
> Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.1 (squeeze)
> 2.6.32-5-amd64
> Erlang R14A (erts-5.8).

Hi Andy, before I go further on this, are you really using R14*A* in your
tests? A = beta. One of my client had serious memory leaks when using
ejabberd over R14A. All that was required to solve the issue was to upgrade
Erlang to a stable release and the memory leaks were gone.

Could you please retry these tests on a stable version of Erlang, like
R14B03 <http://www.erlang.org/download_release/11>?

If you are testing memory you'd be better off with a version which is stable
in the first place.

Thank you,

r.