[erlang-questions] where is the best erlang pretty printer

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed May 25 12:46:52 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, May 25, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> I need to identify the best possible erlang pretty printer.
>
> Are there several, or unpublished variants in existence?
>
> I want exact reproduction of inputted constants
> it $a should be pretty printed as $a and NOT 97.

I don't understand what you want.

First I thought you were asking about a source-code pretty printer,
but that can't be it, surely no source code pretty printer is going to
mangle $a into 97!

Then I thought you wanted a replacement for io:fwrite(), but that
doesn't make sense either since $a is exactly the same thing as 97 by
the time it's an argument. But you know that. So you must want
something else again. But what?

Matt