[erlang-questions] Erlang Factory London (June 9th&10th) - Early Bird Deadline Today

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Tue May 24 21:30:42 CEST 2011

Hi All,

a note to remind you that tonight is the early bird deadline for the
Erlang Factory in London June 9th and 10th. With over 50 speakers, 40
talks, 6 tracks and 5 courses, this is going to be the largest Erlang
feast in Europe, equal only to the conference we ran in the US this March:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/London2011/programme/34

We have speakers from companies such as Basho, Ericsson, AOL, Yahoo!,
WMware, Heroku and Erlang Solutions. Speakers include Erlang
co-inventors Mike Williams and Robert Virding, Matthew Sackman, who
worked on the first RabbitMQ prototype, Tony Falco and Scott Lystig
Fritche on Riak, Kresten Krab of Erjang fame, Ulf Wiger and Adam
Lindberg from ESL, Bob Ippolito, creator of Mochi Web, and Steve
Vinoski, yaws and distributed systems guru. I could go on, as everyone
deserves a mention, but you are better off having a look at the speaker
list yourselves. Themes this year are Erlang in databases, embedded,
Erlang in gaming, and test driven development. Lots of it! And for the
first time, we are introducing a Business Track which looks at the
advantages of Erlang from a social and economical point of view (read
non-technical). All (well, almost. We are chasing the last abstracts) of
the talks are listed here:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/London2011/talks

At 12am Samoa Local Time, the early bird rate giving you a savings of
100 GBP on the full price will finish. As of today, we have more
registered delegates than last year. There are also a few places at the
University, with 4 3-day training courses prior to the conference, but
not many. So if you are considering attending, register asap:

https://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/London2011/register

Rumors have it Joe will be there (reuniting the three original
inventors), and that Mike will be wearing a tie.

Be there to find out!

Francesco

--
Erlang Solutions Ltd.