[erlang-questions] QuickCheck/PropEr

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue May 24 00:34:06 CEST 2011

Edmond Begumisa <ebegumisa@REDACTED> wrote:

eb> . and from "Testing Stateful Code" in PropEr's README. But I can't
eb> figure out how to actually write the properties with symbolic reps
eb> for the callbacks. Can anyone offer me an example on how to do this?

Keeping in mind that these tests were written with full QuickCheck(*),
here are some stateful examples, using either eqc_statem or eqc_fsm:

  https://github.com/basho/riak_core/blob/master/test/node_watcher_qc.erl
  https://github.com/slfritchie/bitcask/blob/slf-rb-tree-hack2/test/rb_eqc.erl
    (Also uses eqc_c for testing C code (very fun!), namely a red-black tree)
  https://github.com/basho/bitcask/blob/master/test/bitcask_qc_fsm.erl
  https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/blob/master/test/backend_eqc.erl
  https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/blob/master/test/get_fsm_qc.erl
    (Not using eqc_statem or eqc_fsm, but used for testing a gen_fsm module)

-Scott

(*) Technically it's just "QuickCheck"?  Hm, I like the sound of
"QuickCheck Jumbo"