[erlang-questions] Reltool, system crashes and ports

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Fri May 13 17:03:21 CEST 2011

----- "Håkan Mattsson" <hm@REDACTED> wrote:

> I agree that it is a pity that wx is not as stable on Mac as on other
> platforms.
> But do you not exaggerate a bit? The graphical tools in Erlang/OTP
> are mostly used during development and most of them can be run on
> nodes separate from the mission critical live nodes.

That's true for the tools, but if I want to use wx directly in my systems then I will have to be careful how and where I do it as wx is run internally and can crash the system. Running wx on separate node is a bit funny in a way as it is almost like running it in a port process.

Robert