[erlang-questions] Erlang emacs workflow question

Tobias Schlager tobias.schlager@REDACTED
Fri May 13 08:29:54 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

you could try erl-mvn-distel emacs integration for the
maven-erlang-plugin. It's an emacs mode that currently features

  * JIT compiling with error markup and tooltips
  * easy toggling between source and test source
  * eunit test integration to run single test functions or test modules
  and report the results
  * eunit test tracing for debugging

Since its an emacs integration for the maven-erlang-plugin you would
need to manage your project with maven. erl-mvn-distel is still under
development but it does the job quite well.

Links:
  * maven-erlang-plugin http://erlang-plugin.sourceforge.net/
  * erl-mvn-distel http://github.com/sheyll/erl-mvn-distel/

Regards
Tobias

Am 12.05.2011 20:39, schrieb Mike Oxford:
> Write some code
> C-c C-k to make sure it compiles
> Spin a release (using rebar) in another window
> Run the code in another window
>
> Is there a better/more streamlined way to do this, all from within emacs
> (I have erl running in another window.)
> Optimally it would be C-c C-k to compile it, maybe load the .beam, and
> test directly from within emacs.
>
> I feel like I'm missing something here...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -mox

Lindenbaum GmbH
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Schlager, Software Engineer
Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, 76133 Karlsruhe, Deutschland
Tel: +49 721 48 08 48 - 000, Fax: +49 721 48 08 48 - 801,
E-Mail: tobias.schlager@REDACTED

Firmensitz: Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, Eingang A, 76133 Karlsruhe
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 706184
Geschäftsführer: Sven Behrens, Dr. Ralf Nikolai
Steuernummer: 35007/02060, USt. ID: DE 263797265

http://www.lindenbaum.eu