[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-questions 71] Erlang release generation

Sam Bobroff sam@REDACTED
Wed Mar 30 01:13:33 CEST 2011

2011/3/29 Per Melin <per.melin@REDACTED>

> While we're on the subject, here are a couple of minor gotchas that
> could possibly be improved in future versions of reltool:
>
> 1. Where the .rel is placed.
> A release named "foo" with version "001" created with
> reltool:create_target/2 in target directory "foo_001" will get this
> .rel file:
> foo_001/releases/001/foo.rel
>
> But that is not what release_handler expects. So you need to move and
> possibly rename the file to:
> foo_001/foo_001.rel

Ah, thanks for that :-)

2. start.boot.
> For the same release you get a boot file called foo.boot. But
> release_handler will barf unless there is a start.boot (which I
> believe is really irrelevant unless you run in embedded mode with the
> default scripts). So maybe when you include the option {boot_rel,
> "foo"} that could mean that foo.boot will instead be called
> start.boot?

Yes. I've successfully used boot_rel to specify my own boot script. It works
fine and the specified script is the one that runs if you don't provide one
on the command line.

Peace,
Sam.