[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-questions 90] Re: New Mailing list software

Tue Mar 29 14:41:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 09:58:13PM +0200, DS wrote:
> Hello.  While we are at it, one more thing :)
> Not really a mailing list software issue: the machine that sends this list's messages claims to be "hades.cslab.ericsson.net", but according to the DNS the IP address is that of "ns.cslab.ericsson.net".  This mismatch is a very common trait of zombies and spamming machines.  My SMTP server takes RFC 2821 very, maybe even too seriously, and barks every time a message is received, and that is after telling it to actually accept the connection: before that it would simply drop it (violating said RFC 2821, but it works wonders against spam) and bark as well.  Does this have an easy fix?
> Regards.
> -Daniel

Hints are welcome. The machine name is configured as hades.cslab.ericsson.net
and the IP address in DNS is 192.121.151.104. It also has a few other IP
addresses e.g ns.cslab.ericsson.se: 192.121.151.103. Postfix is configured
to use hades.cslab.ericsson.net.

But it seems outgoing sockets nevertheless appears to come from
192.121.151.103.

I will try to change the IP address order in /etc/rc.conf to see if
it can affect which address is perceived to be the real address...