[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-questions 71] Erlang release generation

Sam Bobroff sam@REDACTED
Tue Mar 29 05:05:23 CEST 2011

On 29/03/11 02:10, Håkan Mattsson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Sam Bobroff <sam@REDACTED> wrote:
[snip]
>> If so, how do I get reltool:create_target() to include my apps? I've
>> tried using lib_dirs and -pa in various combinations but I always get
>> "Release NAME uses non existing application APP". I haven't yet tried
>> installing my application directly to the system Erlang
>> (/usr/lib/erlang/lib in my case) because the reltool doc clearly states
>> that "Applications may also be located outside root_dir ...". Does this
>> just not work? I'm not keen on installing my apps into the system Erlang
>> (as root) just so that I can build a release!
> You should be able to use lib_dirs to refer to your apps if they reside
> outside root_dir. But do observe that each lib_dir sould refer to a
> directory containing one sub directory for each app. It is the same
> directory structure as $ERL_TOP/lib/erlang/lib.
[snip]

Ah! Thank you so much Håkan, with the correct lib_dirs setting I am able
to create releases and have them start my apps. I knew it would be
something simple :-)

(The same adjustment allows rebar to work as well.)

Peace,
Sam.