[erlang-questions 84] Re: A sudoku solver in Erlang compared to Python

Andreas Pauley apauley@REDACTED
Mon Mar 28 15:22:17 CEST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Kresten Krab Thorup <krab@REDACTED> wrote:
> For reference, I tried to run this with Erjang and R14B01 (with BEAN and HiPE/o3) on my machine ...
>
> Oh, and I changed the square names to be atoms in stead of [X,Y] pairs, which speeds up things quite a lot too ... e.g. :

I'd love to use atoms as square names, just because it looks cleaner.
However, I'm getting a severe performance hit when I use
list_to_atom/1 on each square name.

Can you show me how you did it in conjunction with ct_expand?

Thanks!
Andreas