[erlang-questions] VM ends with 'killed'

tom kelly ttom.kelly@REDACTED
Mon Mar 14 11:05:40 CET 2011

Hi Gordon,

We had a crash matching this description on our system a while ago.
We got some good hints as to what was happening from the system logs,
especially:
/var/log/messages
/var/log/syslog

In our case we were getting segmentation faults. We had been sending more
data in a TCP packet than would fit into it with the "packet" option we had
provided. We dismissed this as a cause for ages as we were catching the exit
message when we did a binary_to _term on the data.
Once we figured out what was happening we consulted the release notes and
found out that the Erlang VM had already been fixed so it's probably not
your problem.

Hope this helps.
//Tom.