[erlang-questions] Binary manipulation

Bob Cowdery bob@REDACTED
Mon Mar 14 10:44:45 CET 2011

Thanks. Sounds like I should move all the processing down into a
threaded C NIF. So I would pass back, in the case of decoding an empty
binary or a binary which is the multiple of 64 required. This can easily
be done on a separate thread as there are several calls to build one
response. Opposite on the encoding bit, pass back the largest list of
binaries that can be encoded from the multiple of 64 passed in. However,
this amounts to a polling loop from the erlang process waiting for the
result.  That doesn't sound so great. Another alternative is to do all
that in a linked-in driver as it is a big chuck of C code that is
processing these large binaries anyway. Downside is that it breaks good
program structure.

Bob