[erlang-questions] (noob-help) Supervision strategies to automatically restart dynamically added children

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Mar 3 18:47:05 CET 2011

Jesper Louis Anderson's blog entry makes a good argument for how to
think about your program's state.  Papers such as "Session State: Beyond
Soft State" from 2004(*) talk about how to think of soft vs. hard state,
though I'm sure there are probably papers from much earlier than that
... it's just one of the first to pop into my head.  It's long been
useful to me to consider which pieces of state data I cannot tolerate
being lost and what state data is OK being transient (or recalculated
based on hard state).

-Scott

(*) http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.10.2617