[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jul 28 12:41:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> The problems with Distributed Erlang are related to a heavy-handed backpressure solution, where processes trying to send to the dist_port are simply suspended if the output queue exceeds a given threshold. When the queue falls under the threshold, all suspended processes are resumed. Since the algorithm doesn't differentiate between processes, this fate can befall the net ticker as well.

I thought my net splits were due to heavy process messaging traffic and the net ticker messages falling behind.

That didn't quite explain it but what you said does.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont