[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Jul 27 22:49:48 CEST 2011

On 07/27/2011 10:39 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Max Lapshin wrote:
>
>> I can't create redistributable plugins for erlyvideo that can use
>> headers with record description, I have to write such things:
>> ems_media:get(Media, last_dts)
>> and frankly speaking I don't understand how do other people live without this.
>

> What exactly is the problem with this?
>
> Records are just tuples, no?

I think that's what confuses most people. They see records as something
more, when they're just tuples and aren't designed to be anything else.

Records need to be upgraded the same as tuples when changes are made and
of course it takes a little more care than struct/frames would.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend