[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Jul 27 13:29:18 CEST 2011

On 27 Jul 2011, at 12:27, Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:

>> They *have* run benchmarks on 64-core machines, but mainly to learn about what's around the corner, and understand what changes will be needed to get there. You will soon hear about some pretty exciting developments in the area of Erlang for massive scalability, but there is a time and a place for everything… ;-)
>>

> Also don't forget that there's a grant given to universities to further develop Erlang to become massively multicore, as Kostis Sagonas said at Erlang Factory in London

Well, that's what I was referring to, but there will be a more coordinated announcement soon. :)

…That, and another one, with a different slant.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com