[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Jul 27 09:34:13 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ulf Wiger
<ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

> I guess it's fair to say that the Erlang/OTP doesn't have a "dangerously sexy" approach to SMP scalability. They recognise that their sponsors [1] would have their heads if BEAM started hanging or dumping core in the sole interest of scaling to ridiculously many cores on hardware that none of the sponsors are using. Instead, they try to deliver incremental improvements without ever sacrificing the rock-solid performance of BEAM that Erlang users have come to expect. They're not batting 100% in that regard, but close enough to be very impressive, IMHO.

Many people forget about it. Erlang messaging system seems to be
99,999% bug free. Scala is full of silly bugs.
I'd preferer to build software, that I sell on bug free platform and
great thanks to your team for it.

The only thing that really affects me is lack of profiling tools or
lack of documentation on them.