[erlang-questions] How to differentiate info_msg and error_msg

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue Jul 26 22:00:19 CEST 2011

Andy W. Song <wsongcn@REDACTED> wrote:

as> I can print messages to error log using error_logger:info_msg andÂ
as> error_logger:error_msg. But I can't find a way to enable only
as> error_msg while mask info_msg, just like log level in a lot of Linux
as> software.Â

Andy, that feature isn't available in the SASL default error handler.
To have that kind of control, you need to write your own event handler
or use someone else's.  I'm a bit partial to Lager (released recently by
Basho), but at least one or two others were mentioned in this recent
discussiont on this list:

    https://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/817da017b5af2e1b

-Scott