[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Jul 21 22:18:54 CEST 2011

> I like the way you check the levels though -
> https://github.com/basho/lager/blob/master/src/lager_console_backend.erl#L42
> - this is cleaner than the boilerplate I ended up with in fastlog,
> which checks the atoms for all the possible levels. I might steal
> that. :)

I suppose it is a bad idea to filter logs in the single process. It
seems a very good idea like in log4erl to
compile module when reading configuration and filter messages _before_
sending them to error_logger.

It is better to filter with 24 cores, than with one =)