[erlang-questions] Static files served through Webmachine

Sam Elliott sam@REDACTED
Tue Jul 19 09:43:20 CEST 2011

Rails does check the Accept: header as well, so quite a lot more
processing goes into choosing the correct content-type for a request.

On the XMLHttpRequest (xhr) instance, you can use
xhr.setRequestHeader("Accept", <accept options>) and you can get to
the xhr object via jQuery's beforeSend function to set this.

Have you looked at using sendfile? This is essentially a way of
letting erlang choose which file to send, but getting nginx to
actually send it. You'll need to be proxying through either nginx or
apache, but apart from that it's quite simple. Here's a rundown of how
it works in nginx: http://wiki.nginx.org/XSendfile

Sam