[erlang-questions] web authentication

Wilson MacGyver wmacgyver@REDACTED
Mon Jul 18 21:24:27 CEST 2011

Yes, you can use either google or facebook as a login in place of your
own system.
You'd use oAuth for this. Basically it involves bouncing them to
either a google or
facebook login page, with a url to return to on success.

when it returns back, you'll have a token.

we use it for exporting data out of google. more info at


in that article, there is also a link to google's oauth playground for
testing and see how it works.

the facebook one is documented at

Twitter also provides very similar service too.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> My original question also asked about openId - can't I get google (or something)
> to authenticate the user then do some kind of hand-over to me? If this
> is the case then I wouldn't have to bother with the details of passwords myself

Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum.

More information about the erlang-questions mailing list