[erlang-questions] Process scheduling and punishment

Knut Nesheim knut.nesheim@REDACTED
Fri Jul 15 15:49:07 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:30 PM, David Mercer <dmercer@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm guessing this is related to the cost of sending being proportional to
> the receiver's message queue.  (Ref. last bullet point on
> http://www.erlang.org/documentation/doc-4.9.1/erts-4.9.1/notes.html.)  You
> do say that you don't see messages accumulating in the logging process's
> queue, but I still have the feeling it is related to this.

Thanks. This sounds like a possible explanation. Do you know if there
is any way to measure/understand which process is slowed down?

Regards
Knut
--
Engineering
http://www.wooga.com | phone +49 151 57202523 | fax +49-30-8964 9064

wooga GmbH | Saarbruecker Str. 38 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Moeser