[erlang-questions] Is Erlang a good tool for this particular project?

Chad DePue chad@REDACTED
Thu Jul 14 18:30:52 CEST 2011

Matthew,

Inaka has built native applications exactly like this for iPad and iPhone
and started w/HTTP-comet style polling and we started with comet-style long
polling but ended up at simple REST for the api commands and a TCP socket
connection for the persistant stuff... The socket is far more efficient and
quite simply with a mobile app there's no need to use long-polling.

We also use Rails for admin but Erlang for all API commands, even HTTP. Ping
me off-list and I can share some of what we learned.

Chad DePue
inakanetworks.com - development consulting | skype cdepue | @chaddepue
+1 206.866.5707