[erlang-questions] Http client sending http response to wrong handler

Suma Shivaprasad sumasai.shivaprasad@REDACTED
Wed Jul 13 14:21:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

Was busy with some other stuff and could not work on this earlier.
Tried with inets - 5.6 latest version as well and see the same problem there
as well.
Now I am able to isolate the cause for this issue. There seems to be a bug
with the timeout handling code in http client.

Will try to explain the issue -

1. Lets say we send request R1 at time T1

2. At time T2 =  T1 + 60 secs, R1 errors out with {error, timeout} from http
client

3. At time T3  from the same process we send Request R2 .

4. At time T4 we get a response for R2 with the R1's request id and R1's
response data/headers which was supposed to have timed out  at T2 and
cleared from the request table.  I could figure this out from the Request
ids given by http client for R1 and R2. This is causing a cascading failure
of all subsequent requests from the same process. All requests after a
timeout from http client are failing

Can you pls let me know if I can work around this by trying out something on
my end or does it require a fix on http client?

Thanks
Suma