[erlang-questions] Matthew Sackman's "cut" proposal

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Jul 12 01:00:39 CEST 2011

On 11/07/2011, at 9:26 PM, Gleb Peregud wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 07:34, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Here are the counts.  funs may be ruled out for multiple
>> reasons; in each such case only the most severe reason was
>> counted.
>> [snip]
>
> Just a quick idea. Will _1, _2, _3, etc. placeholders work for
> positional currying? I'm guessing that it might be possible to
> implement it in Matt's cut parse transform.

But "arguments in the wrong order" was a *very* rare reason for the
Eiffel 'agents' approach being inapplicable.  It adds extra
unreadable complexity while giving almost no benefit whatever.

Why put Band-Aids on the Titanic?