[erlang-questions] Ways to get started

Shaun Kruger skruger@REDACTED
Mon Jul 11 22:55:38 CEST 2011

> I'd be curious to know what editor/IDE/toolset people use other than
> Emacs. Catch is, you have to be overall happy with it :)

I have to say that I enjoy erlide in eclipse.  It is nice when I'm doing extensive application development.  I particularly like the compile/load on save functionality it provides.  I have had to play with different versions to get the performance I wanted, but things have gotten better recently.  I still log to external files and tail the logs to watch for supervisor reports.  I completely developed Surrogate (https://github.com/skruger/Surrogate) using ErlIDE and it has been a very enjoyable experience.

Shaun