[erlang-questions] Erlang read file benchmark

Evans, Matthew mevans@REDACTED
Sun Jul 10 14:43:50 CEST 2011

I don't think anyone would disagree with the right tool for the job. My complaint is that in any sufficiently large project some form of file I/O is going to happen. If Erlang was, say 50%, slower than Perl I wouldn't care; but an order of magnitude is really off the chart. As I showed you can roll your own code using prim_file that is good enough, but most people looking at Erlang for a solution wouldn't do that. Instead they would see the linked to webpage, laugh, and never look at Erlang again.

Just food for thought

Matt

Sent from my iPhone