[erlang-questions] Asynchronous I/O - Getting documentation.

Ale peralta.alejandro@REDACTED
Thu Jul 7 04:37:42 CEST 2011

Hello All,

I'm looking for documentation to expand my knowledge of the
implementation of how asynchronous I/O works; from wikipedia.

"""This approach is also used in the Erlang programming language
runtime system. The Erlang virtual machine uses asynchronous IO using
a small pool of only a few threads or sometimes just one process, to
handle IO from up to millions of Erlang processes. IO handling in each
process is written mostly using blocking synchronous I/O. This way
high performance of asynchronous I/O is merged with simplicity of
normal IO. Many IO problems in Erlang are mapped to message passing,
which can be easily processed using built-in selective receive."""

I'm interested in learning how the scheduler works, and how the
process which handle IO work.

Thanks,
--
Ale.