[erlang-questions] WTF?

Mike Oxford moxford@REDACTED
Wed Jul 6 02:52:34 CEST 2011

erl running inside of a backgrounded emacs in the original directory
seems to have been the culprit.
Killed it off, nuked the directory, used the merged backup with the
rebuilt-nodes and things are good again.

If two things are going to kill Erlang's uptake it's not going to be
the syntax, the performance, the functional-way-of-thinking... it'll
be the terrible error messages and the arcane build/packaging, both of
which make Erlang feel like a house of cards you can't even look at
wrong and, thus, give no confidence in actually running it in
production.  (Not to mention just plain annoying devs to the point
they walk away from it, which is what kills more languages over time
than anything else.)

Party on...

-mox