[erlang-questions] process priority

Martin Dimitrov mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Mon Jul 4 12:31:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

we have implemented a logging mechanism that calls gen_event:notify
which returns immediately but nevertheless when performing extensive
logging some genserver calls time out. I came to the conclusion that the
erlang process manager is giving more time to the logging process and
thus other processes never receive a chance to handle their queues.

Is this conclusion possible or to seek the reason for the timeouts
somewhere else? And if *yes* is it possible to give the logging process
less priority?

Thanks,

Martin