[erlang-questions] Distributed publish/subscribe system

Jerome Martin tramjoe.merin@REDACTED
Thu Jan 27 10:59:45 CET 2011

Wouldn't using this defeat the whole purpose of moving beyond the RPC model,
and leverage what Erlang has to offer, as described
here<http://armstrongonsoftware.blogspot.com/2008/05/road-we-didnt-go-down.html>and
there <http://steve.vinoski.net/pdf/IEEE-RPC_Under_Fire.pdf> ? To re-quote
Steve Vinoski after Joe Armstrong:

*"What all those years of CORBA taught me, BTW, is that RPC, for a*
*number of reasons, is generally A Really Bad Idea."*

Or is it just me not understanding what years of Erlang can teach us
regarding good practice, smart technology choices and mistakes of the past,
sometimes leading to widespread adoption of products implementing probably
the worse part of otherwise interesting research (like mostly all of OMG's
so-called standards) ?

--
Jérôme Martin