[erlang-questions] Functions with same name and varying arity using apply

Ryan Huffman ryanhuffman@REDACTED
Thu Jan 20 06:59:49 CET 2011

If you really don't want to export, you could try something like this:

-module(test).
-export([bar/2]).

-define(BARRABLE_FUNS, [{{foo, 1}, fun foo/1},
		                {{foo, 2}, fun foo/2}]).

get_fun(F, X) ->
	proplists:get_value({F, length(X)}, ?BARRABLE_FUNS).

foo(A) -> A.
foo(A, B) -> A + B.

bar(F, [X|Xs]) -> [apply(get_fun(F, X), X) | bar(F, Xs)].