[erlang-questions] Erlang project dependency management/build tools

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose@REDACTED
Wed Jan 19 15:38:05 CET 2011

> Sinan does this bundling already :) If you run 'sinan dist' in your
> project will end up with a tarball in
> _build/developement/tar/<project-name>-<vsn>.tar.gz. This is a fully
> deployable otp tarball that contains all of your dependencies and
> works with all of the otp tools. It doesn't actually matter where your
> dependencies are sinan will package them up for you when you run that
> 'dist' task. I may need to make that a bit more obvious in the
> documentation, there a couple of things in the docs now that I think I
> can make more clear. Thanks!

That's awesome! Another (potentially stupid) question, how does Sinan
discover my dependencies? Does it read any configuration file or does
it discover those magically? Also, if I download my dependencies into
project/deps folder via Faxien, will Sinan be able to build my
project?

Regards,
BG

--