[erlang-questions] deb package from erlang app release

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Tue Jan 18 13:30:13 CET 2011

I've looked at the errors and I think it's because of putting files in the wrong
place, like you said.
I thought of two ways to package an erlang release as deb:
1. Break the release to several folders as recommended by debian.
Practically copy the official erlang package structure.
2. Make my deb depend on the erlang deb.
In my deb copy only the required erlang apps to /usr/lib/erlang/lib
Copy the app boot file.

In both cases the folders in app start script should be updated.
I'm not sure if 1. will work and I can naively break the release to several
folders.

Anyone has a sane way to create a deb that follows the debian policy?