[erlang-questions] App supporting several Erlang releases

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Tue Jan 18 09:23:22 CET 2011

IMHO.

Trying to "cover" all versions sounds like the kind of nightmare I could
wake up to in the middle of the night. Some call it "maintenance
nightmare", I just call it "waste of time".

If you update your software in anyway you will have to put in these
quirks in every piece of code that isn't always backwards compatible.

It feels a bit like handling python2 or python3 in your code I.e: wrong.

My 2 cents? Just split the versions, one pre R13 and one R13+... or
discard one (say only works with R13+ or whatever)

/Mazen