about the use of parametrized modules

Paolo Negri paolo.negri@REDACTED
Fri Jan 14 00:13:27 CET 2011

Looking at the misultin source code [1] I noticed the use of a
parametrized module, after googling about it I came to the conclusion
that there's something controversial about them [2] and that it seems
to be appealing mainly people coming from OO background [3].

I'm considering applying this technique but before doing so I'd like
to know if isn't a deprecated approach and in general if it's
considered a bad practice.
I'm curious because I don't remember seeing parametrized modules used
in Joe Armstron's or Francesco Cesarini's books.

[1] http://github.com/ostinelli/misultin
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1358230/erlang-module-attribute
[3] http://myotherpants.com/2009/04/parameterized-modules-in-erlang

Thanks for your help,