[erlang-questions] We need a better marketing division :-)

Muharem Hrnjadovic muharem@REDACTED
Wed Jan 12 08:29:18 CET 2011

On 01/12/2011 08:22 AM, Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 06:32 PM, Robert Virding wrote:
>> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4178

> Erlang definitely needs more and better marketing. The research grant
> the scala crowd won [1] is supposed to tackle the "Popular Parallel
> Programming" challenge.
> The first question in my mind after reading [1] was: "Have these good
> folks never heard of erlang?" Apparently not, or not enough.
>
> In a sense erlang is reminiscent of the debian linux distribution: it's
> rock solid, proven and works well for almost all work loads.  However,
> all the excitement and the hype is on the cool new(?) kids that fork off
> debian (e.g. ubuntu).
>
> [1] http://www.scala-lang.org/node/8579
Oh, and I forgot to mention: I was playing with scala for a month or so
and it is *grotesquely* complex IMHO.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--
Muharem Hrnjadovic <muharem@REDACTED>