[erlang-questions] odd one out

James Churchman jameschurchman@REDACTED
Tue Jan 11 16:53:42 CET 2011

i would agree that adopting a functional style is ideal for javascript, but
javascript is so far from being side effect free its complete madness to
regard it a functional language. i dont know if node differs from
traditional JS but i could write a book (10 in fact) on side effects in
javascript, excluding the dom , and im sure there are many i have yet
to encounter, i think that it gives a misleading impression to all other
functional languages to label js one, and
even attempting functional programming in the browser in JS is
still uniquely tricky. i would personaly say that most language can be made
to be like a functional language, except javascript :-)