[erlang-questions] Erlang Intro/Evangelism Presentation -- Starbucks!

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sat Jan 8 22:20:19 CET 2011

----- "Edmond Begumisa" <ebegumisa@REDACTED> wrote:

> Probably true. But I am reminded of something very interesting Ulf has
>
> just pointed me to...
>
> "The Innovator's Dilemma (C. Christensen) as quoted by Todd A.
> Proebsting
>
> "… companies [languages] that did everything right---were in tune with
>
> their competition, listened to their customers, and invested
> aggressively
> in new technologies---*still* lost their market leadership when
> confronted
> with disruptive changes in technology…"
>
> http://ll2.ai.mit.edu/talks/proebsting.ppt

This is definitely a very interesting book to read (the Innovator's Dilemma). Also interesting is Paul Graham's essay "Beating the Averages", http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html , which is also about disruptive technologies.

Robert

--
Robert Virding, Erlang Solutions Ltd.