[erlang-questions] Erlang on Freescale i.MX53 (Cortex A8, ARM): works excelently

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sat Dec 31 12:22:19 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:

> Wow - $150 board with Erlang! I'm tempted to pick one up to play around.
>
> Very cool Max!

Yes, dreams come true and you can launch distributed coffee machine:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/application.jsp?code=APLCKGPROD
I don't know exactly what can it do, perhaps some failure tolerance:
dishwasher will help to finish cappucino.

This board is shipped with plain Ubuntu (ancient, but working).

150$ is a big price, but it is for a big development board with many
peripheral hardware and 1 GB of RAM (!).
If you know where to go to make hardware, it is possible to buy small
chip for 20$: http://www.iwavesystems.com/i.MX53.htm and use its
pinout to connect to peripheral.

This box with other ARM cpu: http://www.raspberrypi.org/ is almost the
same, but less powerfull and without some features like hardware H.264
encoding.
And it is much, much cheaper.