[erlang-questions] honoring SKIP files during make release_tests

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Mon Dec 19 19:14:07 CET 2011

Perhaps I'm just not seeing the secret way to do this, but it seems to me that if I put a SKIP file inside an OTP app directory, this should have effect also on the 'make release_tests' action.

The thing is, if some of the applications have been skipped during 'make', there isn't much point in running the tests - also, in some cases, even compiling the tests will fail.

I made the following dirty change in Makefile.in:

$(TEST_DIRS):
	if test -f $@/../SKIP ; then \
		echo "=== Skipping $@, reason:" ;		\
		cat $@/../SKIP ;				\
		if test -f $@/Makefile; then \
			(cd $@; $(MAKE) TESTROOT=$(TESTSUITE_ROOT) release_tests) || exit $$?; \
		fi \
	fi

I'm sure someone who loves makefile editing more than I could clean this up a little.

Anyway, it works. I can run 'make release_tests', and the apps that contain SKIP files are, in fact, skipped.

BR,
Ulf W