[erlang-questions] R15B changes erl_driver API

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Thu Dec 15 18:38:39 CET 2011

Den 15 dec 2011 16:45 skrev "Sergei Golovan" <sgolovan@REDACTED>:

> Hi!
>
> Appears that erl_driver API has been changed in R15B. The following
> change in erts/emulator/beam/erl_bif_ddll.c (R15B with respect to
> R14B04)

This should be no surprise since it is clearly mentioned in the release
highlights and in the Readme file. It is also in the documentation, but as
you point out there might be some remaining issues there, thanks for that.
The change imicrotonal and will stay like this. We thought it was better to
require the use of version number in drivers so that we can detect old
drivers and refuse loading them, rather than just trying to run which might
result in strange errors later during runtime.

> ----

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson