[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R15B has been released (now with correct README link)
Wed Dec 14 16:22:50 CET 2011
Erlang/OTP R15B has been released.
This is a new major release of Erlang/OTP
This is a release with many interesting new features:
- Line number and filename information are now included in exception
backtraces. This information will be pretty-printed in the shell and used
in crash reports etc. In practice it will be much easier to find where
- The driver interface has been changed to enable 64-bit aware drivers.
Most importantly the return types for ErlDrvEntry callbacks 'call' and
'control' has been changed which require drivers to be changed.
- New in this release is the support for 64 bit Windows.
- CommonTest hooks are now in a final supported version.
- There is a new GUI tool in the observer application which integrates
pman, etop, appmon and tv into one tool. The tool does also contain
functions for activating tracing in an easy way.
- The Erlang distribution can now be run over the new SSL
You can find the README file with more detailed info at
You can download the full source distribution from
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R15B.readme (this file)
Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.
For installation instructions please read the README that is part of
The Windows binary distribution can be downloaded from
On-line documentation can be found at http://www.erlang.org/doc/.
You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual
We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug
The OTP Team at Ericsson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions